No, HomeGroups in Windows 7 requires Windows 7 systems only. You can create a standard workgroup network between Windows 7 and Windows XP though and share files and folders. Teching It Easy: With Windows |ActiveWin |Notebooks |
Check memory problems
Memory management issues can also cause a BSOD in Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 has a Memory Management Diagnostic tool that detects and solves problems related to system memory.
Click on the Start button on the Taskbar.
Type "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" or "Memory" (without quotes) in the Search box or,
Click on Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool (in the search results).
Click on "Restart now and check for problems (Recommended)".
The system will restart, and you need to follow the instructions given on the screen.
Another Safe way to Fix the Problem: Can I create a homegroup network between Windows XP and Windows 7?:
How to Fix Can I create a homegroup network between Windows XP and Windows 7? with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download Error Fixer . Install it on your system. Open it, and it will scan your system. The junk files will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Fixing part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been removed.
If you failed to fix it, another option is to call Microsoft and walk through the process with a technician. To do this, dial "1-800-936-5700". Explain the error that you received and the steps in the update process during which it was displayed. The technician will be able to walk through the steps from getting a new product key to finishing the installation.
Recommended Method to Repair the Problem: Blue Screen Errors BCCode 50:
How to Fix Blue Screen Errors BCCode 50 with SmartPCFixer?
1. You can Download SmartPCFixer here. Install it on your computer. When you open it, it will perform a scan.
2. After the scan is done, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.
3. When the Fixing part is finished, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been removed